As a Trading Software Analyst you will be responsible for the implementation, on-going support and growth of a variety of client’s busy critical trading systems playing a key role in the support of these systems. This involves technical troubleshooting, performance and network analysis and working directly with the end users on functional requirements such as risk and pricing. It requires a strong set of IT skills in conjunction with a keen interest in financial markets working closely with our Engineers and Product managers and alongside traders and technical staff using the services we provide. The role is mission critical and provides excellent exposure to fast paced, high-tech environments spanning trading solutions across many product types and exchanges.
The successful candidate is expected to take care of support requests from customers via email, phone and face to face. Support requests will come directly from traders or from the first line support staff working for them.
The selected candidate will be based in London working within a department that is based in offices across EMEA. The London office is predominantly responsible for ITIVITI’s English and Dutch customer based. This role requires frequent interactions with colleagues in various geographical locations around Europe and with different cultural backgrounds. As a result there are occasional travel requirements.
As a Trading Software Analyst your role will include:
- Working closely with IT staff at customer sites to diagnose and resolve technical configuration issues.
- Working directly with clients to implement key functionality – Setting up a solution to quote on a market, setting up volatility surfaces, delivering a solution for algo trading.
- Fault finding of complex trading systems ensuring clients are up and running in the market. Liaising with our engineering team on faults that require code changes.
- Acting as the interface between the end users at the customer site and ITIVITI’s Engineering team, collecting, analysing and prioritizing issue reports and feature suggestions.
- Responsibilities as the Customer Services Account Manager, ultimately ensuring customer satisfaction and continuous good communication.
- Pay frequent visits to London based customers (visiting trading floors and technical staff) and occasional visits to customers in other European countries to better understand their business, demonstrate new functionality and better diagnose system faults.
- Assist customers in achieving desired business results using ITIVITI products.
- Optimize customer usage of the ITIVITI products via training, tuning and consultancy.
- Liaising with our sales team on new deliveries and delivering these new trading systems.
- Implement adaptations or enhancements to the ITIVITI products to fulfil customer needs, such as development of trading strategies, custom pricing models, integration with 3rd party systems etc.
- Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science.
- Strong interest in IT and a grasp of technical topics including a familiarity with UNIX environments and with network routing, diagnostics and transport protocols (TCP, UDP, packet capture, network latency, etc.)
- Fluent English language
- Excellent problem solver
- At ease in customer-facing situations with strong people skills and comfortable to work in a support role, taking calls and emails from customers throughout the day, sometimes in a stressful environment.
- Motivated, intelligent, team player.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with Git (VCS) and Lua programming language
- Familiarity with Java and/or C++ programming languages or with perl, bash or python scripting (even though this is not a developer role)
- Interest in finance and electronic trading solutions in particular
What ITIVITI can offer you
- A truly international and multi-cultural work place with offices located in major financial cities all over the world.
- Competent and inspiring colleagues.
- We offer a workplace in the city with flexible work hours and continuous internal and external training
Itiviti is a market-leading global provider of multi-asset trading technology and financial infrastructure solutions for buy-side and sell-side market participants, including NYFIX, one of the industry’s largest FIX-based trading communities.
Serving around 2000 clients worldwide, we provide consistent, reliable access to the most up-to-date and innovative order routing, connectivity and trading solutions available. Top-tier trading firms, banks, brokers, exchanges and institutional investors rely on our technology, solutions and expertise to streamline their daily operations, connect to their desired markets, and trade when and where they want. All while being able to comply with global regulation.
With global offices in 18 locations covering all major financial centers the merger of Itiviti and ULLINK in March 2018 created a full-service technology and infrastructure provider, covering all asset classes, geographies and regulatory landscapes.