As a Trading Software Analyst you are part of the Customer Services team that is responsible for the implementation, on-going support and growth of a variety of client’s trading systems. This involves technical troubleshooting and functional requirements gathering, working directly with the end users. It requires an understanding of IT system architecture and over time, an understanding of financial markets and financial instruments. In providing our client with services, you will be part of a larger team working closely with our Engineers and Product managers. On the client side, you will interact with both the traders/users and technical staff using the solutions we provide. You will be part of a mission critical team and this will provide you with excellent exposure to fast paced, high-tech environments spanning trading solutions across many product types and exchanges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Working directly with clients helping them implement and use functionality – Examples: Setting up a solution to quote on a market, setting up volatility surfaces, delivering a solution for algo trading, etc.
- System trouble shooting together with the users liaising with our engineering team on issues that require code changes.
- Working with our sales team on new deliveries and new clients
- Working with exchanges on new functionality and market upgrades.
- Working with IT staff at customer sites to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Potential requirement to travel to other offices, and customer sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics or related discipline.
- An interest in working with and servicing clients
- Troubleshooting skills.
- An interest in IT and basic knowledge of Linux.
- An interest in finance.
- Be a motivated team player.
- Stress resistant.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this position.
- Familiarity with UNIX based environments, in particular Red Hat Linux or similar
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, BASH, etc.
- Familiarity with major programming languages like Java or C, C++ (even though the role is not a developer role).
- Understanding of financial markets, exhcanges and financial instruments (options, futures and stocks)