Itiviti is looking to hire a Sales Engineer to join the APAC Sales Engineering team. The role is based in the Itiviti Hong Kong office and this position represents an exciting opportunity to join a well-established yet rapidly evolving company in the electronic trading software sector.
This is a key role in the sales process, offering real responsibility and exposure to many areas of the company. The Sales Engineer will be directly involved in sales processes, while becoming a business and product expert and contributing to our product evolution. This is a varied and highly-visible position, requires detailed technical and business knowledge, and the confidence and drive to represent Itiviti as we grow.
The Sales Engineer plays a key role throughout the sales process and in closing deals, bridging the gap between prospective customers, the Sales and Engineering departments and is the subject matter expert throughout. This requires,
- Expert knowledge of the Itiviti products and the business areas they serve.
- Qualification and understanding of prospects and their business requirements.
- Authoring and delivering detailed product presentations.
- Tailoring and performing demonstrations of the Itiviti products. This may involve international travel.
- Responding to RFI/RFP documents from prospects and partners.
- Driving product improvements – working with the Product Management team.
- When required, participation in delivery projects involving Itiviti products for successful new sales.
Qualifications and experience for all candidates
- Degree in hard sciences (Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering…) preferred.
- 3 years’+ experience in a financial institution, ISV or similar organisation; in a support, development or trading role.
- Broad knowledge of trading styles (HFT, algorithmic, market making…) and asset classes (options, futures, equities, ETFs…).
- Development experience or familiarity with a high level programming language (C++, Java, C#…) preferred.
- A strong interest in technology.
Qualifications and experience for internal candidates
- Good Tbricks knowledge and experience, either in Engineering, Pre Sales or Services (1y minimum)
- Ability in Chinese(Mandarin) would be a plus
- Experience in Pre Sales would be a plus
Skills and competencies
- Self-motivated, driven and comfortable working in a small team.
- Outgoing with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Confident, articulate and engaging presentational style.
- Ability to think, prioritise and thrive under pressure.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.