Automation throughout the trading process is increasing rapidly, but there are roles for human agency, according to participants at a roundtable discussion in New York City held in June 2017.
This video and article sum up the main points covered during the panel, including:
- The role of regulation in driving trade automation;
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Technology transfer across desks and asset classes;
- Data integrity and quality.
- Jim Northey, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Research, Itiviti
- Leo Li, Senior Investment Project Manager, The Vanguard Group
- Adrian Facini, Product and Program Management, IEX Group
- James Rubinstein, Americas Head of Algorithmic Trading and Analytics, UBS